Our mission, vision, and values
Our mission is to see people transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus, and we live that purpose out by prioritizing three things: gospel, community, and culture. Here’s what we mean.
The gospel offers hope and meaning to our lives. It’s about the fact that God loves us so much that he sent his son Jesus to die for our sins and rise from death to transform us. This means our hope is not in what we do for God, but what God has done for us. Power In Praises Deliverance Ministries, the gospel informs everything about who we are and what we do. We want to live authentically as imperfect people who have been redeemed by and found purpose in Jesus.
God builds communities of faith by uniting the people he saves and motivating them to love each other and share the gospel. In a world that can be isolating and fragmented, this makes the church a breath of fresh air. It unites people regardless of their gender, age, ethnicity, class, or history. So wherever you’re at in life, there’s a place for you at Power in Praises Deliverance Ministries.
Rather than separate ourselves from the world, we want to be a positive influence in it. Whatever we do as a church, we strive for excellence and want to engage with every level of our culture to see it transformed by Jesus. We want to represent the truths of Christianity to the world in insightful, creative, and gracious ways.
We aspire to be a missional church that works to see the renewal and transformation of individuals and cities through Jesus focused ministry. This is accomplished by:
- Teaching and embodying the gospel.
- Interacting with those who are skeptical of Christianity by thoughtfully and graciously defending the truths of Jesus Christ and the Bible.
- Cultivating Jesus centred community in Sunday gatherings, community groups, and local events.
- Discipling and equipping people for ministry both in and outside the church.
- Providing service opportunities that align with peoples’ gifts and passions.
- Being devoted to prayer as we seek God, speak to God, and listen to his voice so that we bring glory to him in everything we do.
- Striving for excellence in art, media, and technology in ways that glorify Jesus and make him known.
- Teaching children and youth about Jesus in ways that are engaging and life changing.
- Loving and welcoming all people.
- Impacting the city through practical and tangible service.
- Planting new churches in the Greater Vancouver area and beyond by training, equipping, sending, and resourcing church planters.
When values are clear, so are the motivations behind the actions. We do our very best to focus and live out these ten core values as a church:
Jesus changes everything. We point everything we do back to Jesus.
It’s not about what we do, but about what has been done for us. Pride is our enemy.
We aren’t needed, but we are invited and allowed to do what we do. We’re excited to be a part of God’s plan.
We earn and practice trust. We keep short accounts. We have one another’s back. We fix broken trust.
Good is the enemy of great. We set lofty goals. We offer and accept feedback to get better because God deserves our best.
We say no to good things so that we can do the great things. We keep the main thing the main thing. We stay focused on the vision.
We want to see what Jesus sees. We care about people first before we think about what they can offer. We always look for the best in each other.
We want to make a difference more than we want to make a point. We talk to each other instead of about one another. We mine for the conflict and extend grace to any and all people.
We develop people and get them involved in ministry so that they can grow, serve, and play their part in the mission God has given us.
We do things with a sense of urgency because people die every day without knowing Jesus.